First civilian killed  in Kashmir after the end of ceasefire

JK News Today

Srinagar, June 17:

A youth identified as Mohammad Iqbal was shot dead in Keelam area of South Kashmir’s Kulgam district late Sunday evening.

The identity of the assassins could not be established immediately.

The police said that the  killers were yet to be identified.

This is the first civilian killing after the revocation of the ceasefire earlier in the day.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh had tweeted in the morning that the security forces have been directed to  carry on their operations as earlier ( pre-Ramzan ceasefire announcement on May 16) . The Home Minister had announced halting of anti-militancy operations on May 16 to help Muslims in Kashmir to observe the holy month of Ramzan in a peaceful environment.

He said while the security forces showed an exemplary restraint but the terrorists continued with their attacks causing deaths and injuries   of civilians and soldiers.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code