J K News Today Commentary
Pakistani establishment is doing everything to keep the children of Gilgit-Baltistan illiterate so that they are unable to raise their voice of protest against the usurpation of their natural resources by Pakistan in the garb of economic development of the area.
What has come to light is quite harrowing even in the day light. Pakistan administration has employed its armed groups to destroy the schooling system of the Himalayan region to stem the resistance to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor or CEPC.
The people of the region are deeply anguished and angry over Pakistan’s crude attempts to take absolute control of the natural resources , particularly water , while denying them of their rights and access to their resources. The people’s movement against the CEPC is growing and Pakistan fears that if the children learn about Pakistan’s attempts to control everything with the help of the army and the non-state actors then things could get serious in the years to come.
Observers have pointed out that the burning of schools in Gilgit-Baltistan region was a part of that scheme of things of Islamabad in collaboration with Beijing .
In August last year 12 schools, at least half of them were burned down by the elements patronized by Pakistani establishment and military . The half of those schools were of girls, not only the schools were burnt down, but the half burnt books were thrown outside the schools. This was a clear message that the kids should not dare to enter schools and study there.
The below listed schools were burnt
- Girls Primary School located in Ronay, Chilas
- Girls School Takya
- Social Action Programme (SAP) Primary School in Hudur area
- Army Public School, Darel Tehsil
- Primary School in Tabor village of Darel Valley,
- SAP Primary School in Tabor, Darel
- APS in Tangir Valley (adjacent to Diamer, sharing borders with Kohistan district of KP)
- Girls Primary School Sheegay Manikal, Darel Valley
- Girls Primary School Galee Bala, Tangir Valley
- Primary School Galee Bala, Tangir Valley
- Girls Primary School Khanbary
- Girls Primary School Gyal Village
Local residents and journalists said they had heard explosions in GPS Ronay and Girls School Takya.
This was an act of terror but the police have not made even a single arrest even almost after a year . This speaks who is killing the education of the children of GB region and why.