J K News Today
Jammu, September 23:
India and Chin have agreed to stop sending more troops to the frontline at Line of Actual Control ( LAC) in eastern Ladakh where they have been locked in a stiff-standoff for the past nearly five months.
A joint statement released by India and China on Tuesday about the Corps Commander level meeting in Moldo on the Chinese side of the LAC on Monday that they would “ stop sending more troops to the frontline, refrain from unilaterally changing the situation on the ground , an avoid taking any actions that may complicate the situation.”
It was also agreed that the two sides will hold next round of the military commander level meeting as soon as possible. So far, the Corps Commanders have held six rounds until September 21 , and the next round will be the seventh one in the series that began on June 6 , almost nine days before the Galwan Valley in which 20 Indian soldiers lost their lives, while China has kept a lid of secrecy over the casualties it suffered at the icy heights.
The 7th meeting of the Corps Commanders, the joint statement said, will take practical measures – that is the backward movement of the troops on the terrain where autumn is like harsh winter- to properly solve problems on the ground , and jointly safeguard peace and tranquillity in the border area.
The statement said ,”On September 21, the Indian and Chinese Senior Commanders held the 6th round of Military Commander-Level Meeting. The two sides had candid and in-depth exchanges of views on stabilizing the situation along the LAC in the India – China border areas. They agreed to earnestly implement the important consensus reached by the leaders of the two countries, strengthen communication on the ground, avoid misunderstandings and misjudgements.