JK News Today
Jammu, October 01:
The Jammu and Kashmir government has notified a new set of digital traffic rules to be in force from today 01st October 2020. These rules are:
1. Carrying vehicle license, registration certificate, insurance documents etc., will not be required from October if these documents are validated through a government portal.
2. The documents can be uploaded on Digi-locker or m-Parivahan. Both these apps are available in any playstore. One can register through their mobile number.
3. Revoking driving licenses will also happen digitally.
4. Records of license being disqualified etc., will be digitally stored.
5. E-challans will be issued on the portal.
6. Drivers can only use mobile phones for route navigation while driving.
These changes, to be effective from October 1, were brought in by the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019.