JK News Today
Jammu, August 3:
A verification was conducted by Anti-Corruption Bureau revealed that as per Jamabandi of 1959-60, the land in Khewat No. 34 to 36 including khasra No. 126,129 and 131 of village Meen Charkan was under the ownership of Prithivi Singh, Sain Singh, Tarlok Singh and Sansar Singh S/o Jagtu Charak Bardwaj R/o Village Meen Charkan in equal shares. Sansar Singh died issueless in the year 1993 and during year 1998, the inheritance of Sansar Singh was attested vide mutation No. 772 dated 10.09.1998 in favour Soma Devi, widow of Sansar Singh. In the month of July 2016, power of attorneys were executed for land measuring 70.19 kanals each under the above mentioned khasra Nos. between Soma Devi and Raman Kumar and Subash Chander, Sunil Singh gave attorney to Rajnesh Puri which were later on revoked by Soma Devi, Subash Chander and Sunil Singh on 18.10.2016.
2. During the process of acquisition of land under possession of Soma Devi for Industrial Growth by SIDCO, the then SDM Vijaypur/revenue officer/ officials of tehsil Bari Brahmana conspired a plan and by abuse of their official positions, acted arbitrarily in league with the property dealers to confer undue advantage upon illegal beneficiaries.
3. SDM Vijaypur passed an order for revision on 22.08.2017 of Mutation No. 772. This mutation No. 772 was earlier attested in favour of Soma Devi. The then Patwari Halqa Smailpur, Girdawar Bari Brahmana, Naib Tehsildar Bari Brahmana and Tehsildar Bari Brahmana suo moto recommended for inclusion of Subash Chander and Sunil singh in the inheritance of Sansar Singh i.e. mutation No. 772. This was done inspite of report of Ex. Naib Tehsildar Bari Brahmana vide No. NT/BB/404 dated 09.09.2017 which clearly reflected that there is no need of review of Mutation No. 772 vide mutation No. 1442, inheritance of Tarlok Singh stands already attested in favour of Subash Chander and Sunil Singh. This fact was in knowledge of revenue officers/officials.
4. The payment was released in favour of Rajnesh Puri attorney holder in respect of two Fard Intikhabs pending decision on the reference filed by Soma Devi under section 18 and 31 of Land Acquisition Act before SDM Vijaypur, also issued Fard Intikhabs in favour Raman Kumar before final decision of the court on the cancellation of power of attorney executed between Soma Devi and Raman Kumar. In this way the revenue officials have acted arbitrarily in favour of alleged illegal beneficiaries by ignoring all the above narrated facts under a well knit conspiracy with private persons and sold the property of Soma Devi by dint of inheritance Mutation @ 2 lac per kanal to SIDCO and conferred pecuniary benefit of Rs. 2.75 crores approximately.
5. The aforesaid acts of omission and commission on the part of the then SDMs Vijaypur, Naib Tehsildars, Girdawars of Bari Brahmana, Patwaries Halqa Smailpur as well as beneficiaries namely Rajnesh Puri S/O Pritam Dass Puri R/ O H. No. 165/A Gandhi Nagar, Jammu, Raman Kumar S/O Sham Lal R/O Village Chak Keshwan Tehsil Bishnah Jammu and others constitute offences punishable under section 5 (1) (d) r/w 5 (2) J&K PC Act Svt. 2006 and section 120-B RPC, as they reviewed the mutation No. 772, by making alienation of said land and by ignoring the order of Financial Commissioner and against the will of Soma Devi, Subash Singh and Sunil Singh released the payments prior to taking decision on the reference filed by Soma Devi, thus deprived the real owner of land from getting payments of the sold land. Consequently a case FIR No. 14/2020 is registered in Police Station Anti-Corruption Bureau Jammu.
6. Further investigation of the case is going on.