JK News Today
New Delhi, Dec. 08
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley made 11 major announcements for Digital push:
* Petrol and diesel will be cheaper by 0.75% for people using digital wallets.
* Two Point of Sale (PoS) machines each for one lakh villages with a population of less than 10,000. The exercise will be supported through financial inclusion fund.
* The government will support regional rural banks and cooperative banks through NABARD to issue “Rupay Kisan Cards” to 4.32 crore Kisan Credit Card holders.
* All railway passengers buying online ticket shall be given free accidental insurance cover of up to Rs. 10 lakh if digital payment is made.
* 5% discount on paid services offered through affiliates of Indian Railways if customers pay by cards/e-wallets.
* 10% discount for those buying policies/paying premium from the websites of government-run insurance companies.
* 10% discount on toll charges by using FASTags and RFID.
* The government will ensure that transaction charges associated with digital payment shall not be passed on to the consumers.
* State-run banks to ensure that merchants should not be required to pay more than Rs 100/month as monthly rental for PoS terminals/micro ATMs/mobile PoS.