JK News Today
The Government of Union Territory has today ordered opening of all religious places including pilgrimage to Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine in Jammu and Kashmir from 16th August 2020.
The special SOPs with regard to Mata Vaishno Devi are :
Due to the relatively large number of pilgrims visiting the Shrine of
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi ji at Katra, the following additional guidelines
shall be applied to this shrine and will be enforced by the CEO,
SMVDSB and the Chairperson, DDMA, Reasi –
- a) There shall be a ceiling of maximum 5000 pilgrims per day till
30h September, 2020. A maximum of 500 pilgrims per day will
be permitted within this ceiling in a graded manner from
outside Jammu & Kashmir.
- b) Registration of pilgrims should be made only through on-line
mode, in order to avoid any assembly of persons at current
- c) For pilgrims coming from outside Jammu & Kashmir, the
protocol of 100% compulsory COVID-19 antigen testing, as
laid down in Government Order No. 71-JK(DMRRR) of 2020
Dated 30.07.2020 will be followed. Permission to proceed
beyond Katra on yatra shall be accorded only when COVID
result of these pilgrims is negative. Pilgrims from Red districts
of J&K shall also be compulsorily tested and allowed to
proceedon yatra if result is negative. Necessary
administrative arrangement and coordination will be done by
concerned District authorities and Shrine Board.
- d) Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) facilities at multiple locations at the
start of yatra route could also be set up to randomly test and
identify any potential carrier of infection
- e) Periodic COVID-19 antigen testing of the exposed / frontline
staff of SMVDSB and other service providers in the
surrounding area shall be carried out in order to keep a
constant tab on the spread of COVID infection in Katra and its
f Highest level of cleaning and sanitization protocol for the
sanctum sanctorum including the holy caves should be
- g) Sanitization and hygiene of all toilet blocks, bathing ghats,
guest houses, battery cars, Helicopters, Cable car shall be
- h) Staggering of pilgrims in a manner such that the main
Bhawan area at no point of time has a gathering of more than
600 persons (including pilgrims, security personnel and other
- i) Optimum use of all Yatra routes to ensure maximum
staggering and physical distancing.
i)Sufficientphysical distancing inside the caves to ensure good
- k) Sufficient facility for washing of hands and feet.
- I) Linen/blanket facility not to be allowed. Pilgrims should not be
encouraged to stay at Bhawan after darshans.
- m) Provision of dedicated facilities for Isolation and Quarantine
- n) Use of Equines should not be allowed till further orders.